Mashable’s article titled “38% of us Would Rather Clean a Toilet Than Think of New Password” reports that login credentials and site authentications are a hassle for many people. In a recent Harris Interactive poll, “some 38% of us think attempting to solve world peace would be a more manageable task than trying to deal with yet another set of login credentials.” All of this hassle makes it easier for hackers to gain access to our online accounts because we tend to either use to same passwords for multiple accounts or we forget our passwords. 
I find it difficult to create and remember every password for every online account that I have. For each site that I visit, there are different sets of password rules. The rules dictate how many Continue reading How secure are your passwords?
My wife has an iPhone 4s on the Verizon network. After I did an over the air (OTA) upgrade to 5.0.1, the phone would only show the phone number for the people that was texting and calling her (even though their contact information was still in the contact app).
Here is how I fixed the issue:
1) Open the Phone and dial *228. This is a Verizon over-the-air programming number.
2) When the system answers press 1 for “Program or activate your phone”
3) Wait for the call to disconnect. You should get a prompt stating something like, “Settings updated.”
4) Dial *228 again.
5) When the system answers press 2 for updating your roaming capabilities
6) Wait for the call to disconnect. You should get a prompt stating something like, “Settings updated.”
7) Open the Settings App.
8) In your mail and contact settings, delete the account(s) that you use to sync your contacts. This could be iCloud, Gmail (via Exchange), etc.
9) Open the Task Manager (double click the home button) and kill the open Applications by long tapping one of the icons. When the icons begin to shake, tap the red circle with the minus sign.
10) Turn off the iPhone. Then turn it back on.
11) Open the Settings App.
12) In your mail and contact settings, add back the account(s) that you deleted in step 8.
13) Wait a few minutes (3-5mins)
14) Open the Message App and Recent calls list to verify the fix.
Others have tried this fix:
1) Open the Settings App
2) Go to General > International > Language
3) Set the phone language to British English
4) Open the Task Manager (double click the home button) and kill the open Applications by long tapping one of the icons. When the icons begin to shake, tap the red circle with the minus sign.
5) Turn off the iPhone. Then turn it back on.
6) Open the Settings App
7) Go to General > International > Language
8) Set the phone back to US English
A password needs to be unique. A unique password is very important, because it is what keeps personal information secure.
Below are tips on how to create a secure password and keep bots from guessing your password.
– Be creative. Don’t use words that can be found in a dictionary.
– Use at least six characters.
– Don’t use a password that you have used elsewhere.
– Don’t use keyboard patterns (asdf) or sequential numbers (1234).
– Create an acronym. Don’t use a common one, like NASA or SCUBA. Don’t make your password solely an acronym, combine it with numbers and punctuation marks.
– Include punctuation marks. Mix capital and lowercase letters. Include numbers.
– Include similar looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter ‘O’ or $ for the letter ‘S’.
– Include phonetic replacements, such as ‘Luv 2 Laf’ for ‘Love to Laugh.’
– Don’t make your password all numbers, all uppercase letters, or all lowercase letters.
– Find ways of collecting random letters and numbers, such as opening books, looking at license plates or taking the third letter from the first ten words you see.
– Don’t use repeating characters (aa11).
– Don’t use a password that is listed as an example of how to pick a good password.
Tips for keeping your password secure:
– Never tell anyone your password. Don’t write it down.
– Never send your password by email.
– Periodically change your password.
[if you are viewing this blog post in an email, the click this link to SEE THE POST]
It is do amazing how fast our world is advancing in technology!
Did You Know 3.0 – 2008:
Did You Know 4.0 – 2009:
In a world that is advancing so quickly, it is hard to tell what we should/should not believe. But one thing that we can be sure of is that God is on His throne! God is not just some distant/non-existent being; He is very real, and He is as close as you let Him be. If you want Him to be some distant God that does not aid your day-to-day life, then just walk away from Him. But, if you want Him to be you very help in time of need, your source of strength, your healer, your deliver, your friend, … your everything … just come unto Him. It is YOUR choice. For Jesus said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [Matthew 11:28]”
As our world quickly advances, the time for Jesus’ return draws nearer. Jesus told us in Revelation 22:12-13, “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Christ is coming to gather those that have surrenderd their lives to Him. He will give unto those the gift of eternal life and a new home on high in Heaven. O’ Lord how I want to be in that number! Those that believe in Christ Jesus will be rewarded for the works they have done.
Jesus is the only way into Heaven; there is no other way. “I [Jesus] am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. [John 14:6]”
A few weeks ago, I began testing the stable release of MS Windows Se7en Pro. So far I like it. It has the look and feel of Vista. However, I believe that I am going to have to get a new video card for my computer that is fully compatible with Se7en. I would like to use the Aero feature and have dual monitor support. But I will have to wait until I have some spare money laying around to upgrade my graphics card. And as you know, college kids are always broke; so it looks like I won’t get a new one anytime soon. Anyone wanna donate a new graphics card to me??